ATLA.fans

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Netflix ATLA Live Action Series with Mike and Bryan as Showrunners  (Read 509 times)

SC

• 157% Piandaoist
  • Administrator
    • piandao.love

Source: Deadline

I waited a few hours before posting this because I thought it might be a hoax.

FartsOfNeil

• The Avatardist
  • Savage... Brutal... Bendt.
    • Art of Neil
Re: New Netflix ATLA Live Action Series with Mike and Bryan as Showrunners
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 01:19:24 AM »

As annoyingly reactive as the spots where I've seen it posted are - namely tumblr and twitter - I do admit I gotta share their apprehension.  They got beef because Netflix, but I'm still spotty because I don't know who's writing this show.  Bryke are on board as execs, and while that's a proper step we also as a fandom are very much aware how little a title like that can mean.  But that's beside the point.  Bryke made ATLA look good, but the writers made that show be good and nowhere is that fact more clear than comparing any season of ATLA to even the best season of LoK.

I have watched AtLA to completion multiple times, bought the original DVD boxed sets and the newly released blu rays.  I never watched Korra more than once and never even considered getting it on video in any form.  Korra feels like a kids show that wants to make everyone believe it's more mature than it is and is often times comically inept in that pursuit...even in that one good season*.  AtLA feels like a kids show that so confident and well structured, it turns out to be more mature simply through its own nature and never tries to force the issue.

All of that I credit to good writing and until I get a feel for whose really behind the wheel of this thing, I don't got much reason to go all-in with my fandom chips.

*Yes, only season 3 was worth a damn.  Season 4 wasn't good, it was simply not as bad as the first two seasons.  Fite me.

Loopy

• False Prime
  • Administrator
  • I'm Loooooopy!
    • My Fanfic @ tumblr
Re: New Netflix ATLA Live Action Series with Mike and Bryan as Showrunners
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 06:37:58 PM »

Yeah, I honestly think this announcement is really premature. I guess they wanted to get it out there before the leaks started, but it's such a bonkers move that for the most part I'm just seeing lots of confusion across the various fan platforms. There's just not enough info to even guess what we might be getting. Sure, some people are hyped that we're getting anything at all, and some are taking their love for Voltron or Stranger Things and conflating it with all Netflix productions, but mostly I see a lot of apprehension.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 24 queries.