Author Topic: Life Shit! a.k.a. What's Up with You?  (Read 2714 times)

SC

• 157% Piandaoist
  • Administrator
    • piandao.love
on: November 15, 2016, 04:43:39 PM
Guys, I'm going to closing on my house on November 29th. :)  After two years of searching, we finally found one.  It's small but it's in a super cute neighborhood that puts us close to shopping and restaurants.

I'm starting a new job after Thanksgiving as the social media coordinator for a local business.  I've never done social media for a business so this should be a good learning experience.

I just left my old job at my school's IT department.  It was originally supposed to be an internship working at the Help desk, fielding tech support questions, but it stretched out to become a job because two people left and they needed to fill their positions.  Glad to have the social media thing going now because it pays more and I can work from home. <3

I got the bright idea to take 17 credits this semester with three of my courses being labs and the other two being project oriented.  So I spend 90% of my free time working in lab simulators or working on projects.  I kinda miss the days when I could just BS my way through dummy papers and take multiple choice tests in BlackBoard.

Winter break's in a month!  Maybe then I can get some free time to work on my story.  I haven't had time to write or practice my photography or game or even really sit down and watch tv.

*yawns*

I need a nap. -_-;
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 08:21:07 PM by SC »

Loopy

• False Prime
  • Administrator
  • I'm Loooooopy!
    • My Fanfic @ tumblr
Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 05:52:58 PM
Wow, you're busy.

A water main broke outside my office today, so they had to shut down the water, which then necessitated an "evacuation" of my building because the fire sprinklers naturally wouldn't work and apparently that's illegal. I use a laptop for my current job, though, thus my "office" is just a frame of mind. So my team and I went to the cafeteria of another of my company's buildings and worked there all day.

SC

• 157% Piandaoist
  • Administrator
    • piandao.love
Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 08:02:37 PM
A water main broke outside my office today, so they had to shut down the water, which then necessitated an "evacuation" of my building because the fire sprinklers naturally wouldn't work and apparently that's illegal.

It's also because, when they turned off the water, the bathrooms wouldn't work (no flush, no wash) and that's a health code violation.

Loopy

• False Prime
  • Administrator
  • I'm Loooooopy!
    • My Fanfic @ tumblr
Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 06:36:20 PM
Yet that doesn't get mentioned in any of the officials emails of intranet articles I've gotten so far.

They probably don't want to give anyone ideas.

SC

• 157% Piandaoist
  • Administrator
    • piandao.love
Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 12:06:11 AM
Move is done!
As on finals!
Certified A+!
Got new job!

Suck it, Life! :D

Loopy

• False Prime
  • Administrator
  • I'm Loooooopy!
    • My Fanfic @ tumblr
Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 06:26:11 PM
Yay and congrats!

I'm going to be off from work for the rest of the year starting on Friday. Then I'm going to be off the first week of the new year. Happy days are here again, as the kids say.

ObbyDent

Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 10:42:23 PM
Finishing up some homework for my Directing class. I got to pick a scene involving two characters from a movie of my choice and I chose a scene from "La La Land."

SC

• 157% Piandaoist
  • Administrator
    • piandao.love
Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 02:50:22 AM
^Film school or just taking an elective course?

Tamerlan Pahlavi

Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 01:09:28 PM
I moved to a completely new city and a new country about a month ago for a job with Lufthansa. My new city is Brno, in the Czech Republic and I hope to stay there, it's beautiful. Found some new friends but I miss the ones back home.

As of late, I started watching Avatar again and it opened up the floodgates of nostalgia, so I'm gonna ride the wave and see how long it lasts.

Anyway, hope the rest of you are doing well too.
Cheers :D

Loopy

• False Prime
  • Administrator
  • I'm Loooooopy!
    • My Fanfic @ tumblr
Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 06:52:15 PM
Ah, you work for an airline? Cool!

Reply #10 on: February 02, 2020, 11:12:43 AM
Wow, my old post is still here. Wish I had had the time coordination skills to post more often here but I guess some refugees from ASN will come join sooner or later and make this forum more active. I'm currently without employment, looking pretty much everywhere for a new job. I have two months to succeed else I have to leave the Czech Republic and return to Bosnia.

Colonel Brian

• Local Kook
  • You trying to get on my bad side??
Reply #11 on: February 09, 2020, 08:39:28 PM
Lifeís been pretty monotonous for the most part. Though I plan on taking advantage of my companyís career development program and learning the skills to secure get a better, higher paying job.

Iím due for another raise in about a month, but it still doesnít seem like enough. I donít know how I used to manage three years ago when I brought in a third less annually. I was probably living more modestly or something.

So, other than that, I got nothing else going on really. Other than physical fitness maybe, but thatís just part of the monotony of life by now.

May the souls of all the faithful departed
trough the mercy of God
rest in peace

Colonel Brian

• Local Kook
Reply #12 on: March 17, 2020, 11:15:15 PM
I hope everyoneís been alright. This pandemic is getting kind of nuts. I never witnessed society act this way before. Itís kind of scary really, however severe this situation really is.

Anyway, lifeís been alright. I got another raise. So I guess Iíll forget about furthering my education and just sell myself to my company. Every time Iím ready to leave, they pull me right back in.

Other than that, Iíve just been kind of lonely. I keep busy getting fit and whatnot, but I need a wife or something. Though maybe not, my friends tell me Iím lucky, so Iíll probably take their word for it.

trough the mercy of God
rest in peace

Colonel Brian

• Local Kook
Reply #13 on: March 24, 2020, 08:43:33 PM
Iím a bit worried. Someone tested positive for the virus at my building. And though, they havenít been inside the warehouse since Wednesday, it is still probable that they infected their fellow coworkers. I really hope, I donít get sick. I canít afford taking time off.

trough the mercy of God
rest in peace